Six things from the garden on a Saturday. Hosted by the Propagator, in the comments section of whose blog more sixes from around the gardening globe may be found. http://www.thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com
1. Red. The first Benarys Giant zinnias are opening in various shades of red. Our own little fireworks!
2. Also at the red party, a Snapdragon that over wintered.
3. White cotton mesh curtains protecting the Blueberry crop. No blueberry pie for the 4th of July this year, they’re not ripe yet.
4. Red, White & Blue lychnis coronaria and Hydrangea Blue Billow, a star spangled combo.
5. White and blue all American mopheads.
6. Blue. Because its my favourite colour and also because I’m feeling blue.
In sharing these 6 I’m trying to recall the reasons for being here in this broken and fragile country. Less than 4 years ago there was a leader with strength and pride and hope. And compassion. I’d like that ‘hopey changy thing’ back asap.