Time for another SixOnSaturday. Credit to the Propagator for hosting. Comments on his blog http://www.thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com
- Snow has fallen several times over the last week, at times heavily.
- While many of you are discovering early hellebores and narcissus, I’m enduring winter’s bone, with freezing snowy days and clear frigid nights. Red skies every morning. You know what that means!
- Icy branches turn blush pink in the rising sun. Its too cold for melting.
- I’m dreaming of poppies. Cleaning seed, soon to be sown into the snowdrift as it recedes. These are breadseed poppies.
- New for me this year are Hens and Chickens
- And ladybird poppies.
The photos of poppies new to me are from the Baker Creek seed catalogue. A favourite due to their beautiful presentation and great selection.
Have a great gardening week!