It’s April and it’s SixOnSaturday time again. Visit the host’s blog at http://www.thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com to see what gardeners everywhere are up to.
- Iris Dandiforae is one of the earliest of the little bulbs and packs a powerful punch of yellow against the faded winter earth.
- In my garden the lenten rose flowers long before the Christmas rose, which is flowering in April!
- Prolifically promiscuous pushkinia know nothing about social distancing or isolation.
- The tiniest of narcissus. Relocated from last spring’s window boxes and increasing nicely, they are only about 10cm tall.
- I’ve managed for the first time to persuade some echinacea seeds to germinate. Now to keep them alive…
- There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a big pile of steaming compost arriving on your first day of real retirement, along with a muscular helper to move it!
The compost is spread. I’m in a happy place and ready to plant onions! Have a great week.